1. Start by putting your eye pads in place, you can still create a map using tape
2. Analyse your clients eyes, what shape, are they wide or narrow, deep set or hooded? These are important factors to consider before applying lashes, do you really want to apply heavy, long lashes to someone with small narrow shaped eyes? definitely not.
3. Using a pen begin by marking the placement of your chosen lash lengths, please dont be afraid to vary your thickness of lashes, I like to use a thinner lash for the inner lashes but that's just my preference.
4. You can see in the picture above how simple this procedure will make your lashing, it also enables you to have the chosen lashes close by to reduce application time.
LASH NANO MISTER
So what is all the hype about these Lash Misters or Nano Misters, why are we being told it’s a necessity or that it’s the new beaut tool that we as Lash Artists must have. Admittedly they’re not really new they’ve been available for some time now but there are still so many Lashers that don’t use them.
Lets start at the beginning the key ingredient for Lash Adhesive or the ingredient we are most focused with is Cyanoacrylate. Adhesives do not dry they cure, set or simply harden and this is when the adhesive is at its strongest. What cures adhesive? WATER not air as some lashers still like to believe. Back in the dark days we would tell our clients not to wet their extensions for up to 24hrs allowing for the adhesive to draw on moisture floating around in the air so they could completely cure. Those prehistoric days are now behind us ‘halleluyah’
So now we introduce the Nano Mister/Lash Mister and this fantastic little device is simply amazing and yes every lasher should have one…ok im bias and I love my nano and so do my clients.
The Nano is a small device that can be battery charged or USB chargeable and most come with a 30 sec auto timer. You simply fill the small compartment with distilled water ,hold it vertically in front of the eyes at a distance of approximately 15cm, dependent on the device you have just slide open and it releases a super fine mist, the 30sec timer is sufficient to do both eyes and you don’t want a build up of droplets on the lashes.
- Clients do not need to wait 24hrs before wetting their lashes
- Speeds up the natural curing process
- Eliminates lingering fumes
- Great for clients with sensitivities and can also be sprayed directly into eyes
- Can be sold as an aftercare product and used as beauty tool to hydrate your skin
- Must be charged prior to use if using a USB
- Will need spare batteries if its battery charged
- Can only be used with distilled water
Please remember to stay educated fellow lashers as the lash industry is growing at an incredibly fast rate and just as technology advances so does lashing.
ADHESIVES MADE SIMPLE
In this Blog I'm going to simplify adhesives and touch base with the most common questions we are asked on a regular basis.
We stock 2 adhesives ADVANCED PRO & ULTIMATE PRO and they are suitable for Classic, Express and Volume Lashing (please refer to our online store for full product descriptions).
They both contain Cyanoacrylate that is designed for use around the eyes, these adhesives don’t dry they must be cured and is aided by moisture hence why we highly recommend the use of our LASH NANO MISTER that will complete the curing action within only 30 secs. The bonding of adhesive and a longer retention is very reliant on the humidity of your room, 60% relative humidity is ideal with our adhesives and this can be measured by purchasing a hygrometer. We had a suggestion that clients who react or possibly have allergies when they have lashes attached are subject to unsanitary products. However this is NOT the case at all and after consulting with many Master Lash Artists and much research it was attained that it’s simply a reaction to an ingredient in the adhesive. This can occur with new clients or clients that have merely built up intolerance to adhesive over a long period of time which explains any redness or irritation.
Our storage instructions are as follows for both our ADVANCED PRO & ULTIMATE PRO adhesives.
- For a 6 month unopened shelf life store in a cool dry place eg a dark cupboard. This shelf life can be prolonged to 12 months ‘IF’ they are stored in the freezer before opening. Just remember that you must let the adhesive thaw at room temperature for 3-4 hrs before use.
- Once you have opened the adhesive it generally has a life of 8 weeks as do most adhesives but only if the bottle is BURPED, the tip is wiped & stored back in the original zip lock bag with the silica gel pad and placed in a cool dry place standing upright. You can also use a zip lock bag with rice.
- We don't generally recommend storing our adhesive back in fridge after opening as this will cause condensation inside the bottle, however if you are in a warmer climate then that will be fine, just let the adhesive sit for 15-20mins to reach room temperature before using.
- For a more detailed description of our adhesives please view each in our online store